Friday 8 July 2016

Activity 1 - Winter Learning Journey



I would compete in the sport called horse racing. Why horse racing? Its because horse racing is something I have never done and I would personally think would be fun and challenging. So not only do I look for a sport that is fun but also gives me a bit of a challenge. This sport requires a person to sit on a chariot led by 2 or 4 horses and its a race to the end. This would probably take me a year and a half to actually be good at it. So I would choose horse racing if I was in the Olympics 2792 years back.

Let’s imagine that you were alive 2792 years ago and invited to compete in the first ever ancient Olympic Games. Which of these events: running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing and pentathlon which one would you compete in?
Image result for equestrian racing olympics

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marilyn,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme! I absolutely love the picture that you posted on your site of the Olympic rings and the athletes jumping through them. It's awesome! Where did you get it?

    I also really enjoyed reading your blog. I think that you have a made a great decision to choose horse racing. It would be a significant challenge but I'm sure that you could handle it!

    I hope that you'll continue to log on and blog over the next two weeks. I'm already looking forward to reading your next post!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete